Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Lucky Wednesday-Thrift Store Scores! Also, some questions for my followers.

Hooray! I finally got a pair of shoes from the thrift store! I got a few other good things too. My shoes are Bass kiltie loafers. They were $4.99 and looked like they had been worn only once or twice. I have been looking for some kiltie loafers, although these aren't exactly what I thought I wanted, wow, they are close enough for me. Love them. I also got 2 scarfs for $1.99 each and some necklaces that were bargains too. The funny thing is that the thrift store I went to was not one I had planned on going to today. I had originally been going to a vintage store, but it had gone out of business. The store I went to had some good items--an Eileen Fisher wool jacket in a funny light green was $6.99 and some men's True Religion jeans $2.99. I didn't get the jacket because it was too rough and an ugly color. I went to another thrift store and scored a Stone Mountain leather purse for $2.48.  I had so much fun looking and finding things that were treasures to me. I am starting to see what all the hoopla is about regarding thrifting.

I have a question for you all. I am throwing around some ideas and would like your feedback.
  • Would you like to see pictures of some of my favorite items on etsy?
  • Would you like to see pictures of some of my favorite accessories available online?
  • Some of my DIY jewelry projects?
Also, do you like to see the closeups of my daily accessories? If you don't think they are worthwhile, I will not post them.
Please let me know what you would like. I want to keep this interesting. I know I am not a witty or funny or particularly interesting author(too many years of technical writing), so I would like to provide something else that would interest my audience. Thanks for your help!

I did wear this outfit today thrifting. I am not sure how one should dress when you go thrifting. Do you dress up or down? Anyway, this is what I wore.

Jacket: Chico's
Top: Chico's
Jeggings: JMS Walmart
Shoes: Think

Bracelet on Left: Vintage
Bracelets on right top to bottom:
5 bangles: Chico's
Watch: Michele (this watch is made to have interchangeable bands)
All 3 rose quartz bracelets-self made
Silver loop bracelet: Kohls


Necklace: Epiphany Diamonique QVC via ebay
Swarovski heart - gift
 I know I asked a lot of questions, but I would appreciate your feedback. Thank you.

9 comments:

  1. I like Etsy but find it difficult to find things there.

    I like to see what other people like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Debbie, I would love to have links or referrals to your favorite sites. I often "find" some of my favorite things through fellow bloggers.

    Also - so glad you are enjoying the thrifts.

    And - you are so not boring. You are real.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to see some of your jewelry DIY! You have the BEST jewelry! ~Serene

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all your pictures! I too have had a mastectomy, and I love jackets. I tend to plan an outfit with a jacket in mind.
    I like that you wear multiple bracelets, I am not good at combining jewelry - and I can't wear very many of my bracelets on the right because of lymphedema.
    I don't care much for etsy, so have no opinion there.
    Thanks for your blog!
    hugs
    Caro

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, yes, I would love to see all your DIY jewelry! I am an inveterate lover of any DIY ... Love your pink accessories of today ... so romantic ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I find it funny you say that you are not an interesting author. I actually really like your blog! I love the close ups of your jewelry actually so don't change that for my sake!

    Sounds like you got some good deals. You should photo them & share. I love looking at others thrifty finds!! I dress just like you did for thrifting. I wear something easy, casual & comfy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are too cute with these questions. I like close ups of anything. I like etsy finds too. Especially vintage or quirky. So glad you found some nice things to keep you going back for more. Dawn Suitcase Vignette xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your accessories. …your arm candy is the best. I would like to see DIY projects those post are always fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please continue to post close ups of your accessories! The detail provided really does add to the experience of visiting your blog.

    And, you are interesting. I enjoy visiting.

    ReplyDelete