Monday, November 21, 2011

Visible Monday - Toasty warm sweater

For Not Dead Yet Style's Visible Monday I am showcasing my new sweater. I am not sure exactly how to describe it. It is flowy, has a shawl collar, and has tied tassels all over it. I do love me some tassels, but that is another story. Last week I went into a local boutique that I had never been in before. Just as I was getting out of the car to go in it started snowing like crazy. It did not last long and since we haven't had much really cold weather the ground was still warm and the snow did not stick at all. I first saw this sweater in an oatmeal color and I loved the style, but not the color. A sales associate told me it also came in black and asked if I wanted to try it on. Because I have been wanting one of the flowy sweaters (like Pam from over50feeling40 wears so well) I decided to try it on and I fell in love.  It is a really warm sweater so today (Sunday) was the first time the weather was cool enough to wear it. We went out to breakfast and it kept me toasty warm and I believe quite stylish.

I was going to wear it with a new charcoal gray cowl neck tee but when I put it on I felt itchy so I switched to a red turtleneck. I am not that crazy about turtlenecks as I always feel like I am being choked when I wear them.

Red turtleneck (?)
Sweater: Coalition via Sister Moses Boutique
(shown without clasp)
JMS Jeggings
Think! Shoes
Shown with clasp on sweater
Harry heard us taking pictures and came racing in to try to get in the picture.
I banned him to the family room by closing a "kiddie gate" to keep him out of
the hallway where we were taking the pictures.

Please stop by Not Dead Yet Style and check out all the other stylish participants in Visible Monday #22.

14 comments:

  1. I love this!! It looks great on you...and thanks so much for the mention...you need to do flowy sweathers more often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this new sweater, Debbi - I think you'll be able to wear it a lot. The pop of red looks great, but I understand about turtlenecks - I don't like the feel of them either. Harry has that "I'd rather stay with you" look on his sweet face.

    Thanks so much for linking up with Visible Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the picture of you and Harry is the best! Such a cute dog! Oh and I love your sweater too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tee hee - love how your dog want's to get in on the outfit shot action - that is a lovely and very elegant shawl sweater! I'm so glad there are other ladies out there tired of hearing style rules trotted out - can't wait to see your Fiorentini and Baker boots - I tried a pair on and they were very, very, very nice boots!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it, jealous I can' wear sweaters or see snow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like it with the brooch. You'll be toasty warm this Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbi! this looks great! I love it. And I love it with the red turtleneck (but I know exactly what you mean about feeling like it's choking you!) I think if it was with any other kind of shirt ... I dunno, you would lose the lines of the sweater (and the red just makes it come alive). I don't know which I like better though -- with or without the pin. I like them both. You look so happy and comfortable in the pictures as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the tassels on your sweater and looks like your dog loves them too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh that sweater is so pretty. I definitely think you should wear it more often. I love the pin on it. I feel the same way about turtle necks. Even some crews bother me. Which is why I wear many deep Vs or boatnecks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooo....love this sweater! I really love the southwest influence in your style!! I used to live in NM and am absolutely taken with that native american vibe. Fringey hugs to you! ~Serene

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice sweater! I love the turtleneck, too. (They can provide such a great pop of color by the face). Unfortunately, I find that all sweaters can get uncomfortable when the dry skin season arrives. (I ditched most of mine in a fit of itchy pique, a few years back). You have me thinking that it's time to start building up a new collection.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Debbie darling, I LOVE it! Don't keep pooch from the photos too much. We love seeing him. Also, to answer your question about yoga with the Seniors. They do yoga exercises and deep breathing from their wheelchairs. Leg lifts, arm lifts, neck stretches, deep breathing, finger exercises for arthritis. I do it with them along with an instructor...it is awesome. Thanks for asking. Have a great day. When you get tired of the sweater, wrap it up for xmas for me, K? lol. Dawn Suitcase Vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Red and black with a hint of brown is a beautiful color combo.It is really great on you!
    I also am not a fan of turtlenecks,can't stand it not even for an hour, but like to see it on others... instead I prefer V-necks.
    Which is so pity, because I live in Bavaria which means very cold temperatures during winter and the turtlenecks would keep me warm. Instead I have a nice collection of shawls.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love anything I can layer. My Boxer's always end up in the pictures too!

    ReplyDelete