Thursday, September 6, 2012

Making a vest out of a scarf - fun for Thursday

Some of you probably already know how to make a vest out of a scarf, but until a week ago I didn't know how to do it. I was in my Chico's store and my favorite sales associate, Pam, showed me how to style the scarf. Because I don't do video's, I checked out YouTube and found several variations of the tying method that I would like to share with you.

First, a warning for those of you who watch at work: there may be music so play at your own risk.

The first video is from CrushClothing. Their channel has a number of other scarf tying videos. This is the style I was shown at Chico's.


The next video is from TheodoraAndCallum, another channel with interesting videos.   


The last video is from Lovelifelivefashion.
 

I think this would also look great belted with a jacket over it. Or belted on its own. It is up to you to create your own spin on this look. With a light wispy scarf this would be pretty over a tee in the summer. I am especially excited to try this with some of my fall scarves. Different size scarves make really different looks with the way they drape.

What ideas do you have for the scarf vest? Have fun!

22 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie, Thanks so much for finding and sharing these videos! You know me, I am going to do this! Will let you know how I do...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just in Chico's and they had some of the best scarves for this Fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, but I think they are a bit expensive. There was one I would really like to have, but $49.00? I try to wait for them to go on sale.

      Delete
  3. I never even thought about using a scarf as a vest, but I just might try that now!

    XOXO
    -Daisy Nguyen from PS BANANAS fashion blog:
    http://psbananas.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute idea--i need to find a large enough scarf for my "deluxe" body!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surprisingly, I had a number of scarves that worked just fine for me and I think we are a similar size.

      Delete
  5. I have to try this! I think I will get confused the first three times, then finally get it and feel so proud : > thanks for this tip, Debbi.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...this is really cute, thank you for sharing. I looked at the first link (Crush) and there were several other great little tutorials.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are BRILLIANT! I'm all about the scarves lately and it's amazing to me how much we can do with them. Thanks for sharing these!! Hugs girly! ~Serene

    ReplyDelete
  8. The vest idea is fantastic. I just got three gorgeous scarves from Ana and I know at least on of them could work as a vest. I might have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What great scarf ideas! Thanks for sharing these videos, Debbi.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooh ... love scarves for Fall. Especially in our southern seasons where it only cold enough for much winter outerwear for a few weeks. When I only need a jacket, a scarf is my best go-to item. Adds color, pattern, texture and can can add polish so practically. Thanks for the videos.
    Good to see you well and looking pretty.
    Jan Graham-McMillen
    http://fortsmithstylista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. That scarf into a vest is brilliant. Thanks for sharing it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I never knew a scarf could be so versatile! Fantastic and inspiring, thank you for taking the time to find all these great videos!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I never knew or came across the vest with a scarf.A huge thanks for sharing!All other videos were inspiring as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is so neat, I have never seen this before, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the second one the best.
    I do think the scarves have to be more shawl sized.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just stumbled on your blog which is friendly and very well done! Scarves are truly versatile and I wear one differently every day. The idea of turning a scarf into a vest is great. Thanks for sharing :-)
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  17. an interesting idea, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loving you in red and the stacked bracelets are beautiful. Haha at the weinermobile! Kiah

    ReplyDelete
  19. Debbi I love that scarf she used...fantastic tutorial too. Thank you for sharing this with us. This is the first time that I have seen this. Love. Dawn suitcase vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Darn it. I am at work, so I can't watch the videos. Bummer! But I love the different ways to wear scarves. They have come a long way since my younger years of just tossing them over your shoulders!

    ReplyDelete